Gardening requires a planting seeds in soil and it is waiting for harvest.
But many plants propagate through their root system, meaning that all you need to produce a large crop is a single mother plant. This is true for the mighty basil plant.
Basil has a lot of benefits, so in addition we are going to present them.
- Contains disease fighting polyphenols
- Contains powerful anti-inflammatory agent E-beta caryophyllene (helps in treating arthritis).
- that can help you manage stress by reducing your level of cortisol, a stress hormone
Take a look on the video, it is very interesting:
How to make this drink:
- 1 store bought pot of basil
- Potting compost
- Well-draining small pots
- A Sunny windowsill
- Squeeze the planter pot in which the basil is planted. Grab the base of your plant and shake it gently to loosen the plant and remove it from the pot.
- Use your hand to gently split the soil in half, being careful not to break too many roots and not to ruin any stems.
- Identify the strongest stems, untangle them, and gently split the soil to isolate each one.
- Fill your pots with soil, make a small depression in the soil and place the stem in the dirt, being careful to firmly bury the roots.
- To encourage the plant to build new roots, cut the top of the stems, only leaving behind 2-3 base leaves.
- Place the pots in a warm, sunny place preferably free from drafts and temperature fluctuations.
- Within a month of replanting, the new pots can go outside during the day and place them inside at night to get them acclimatized to the weather.
- After a week or two of this transition, the plants can be planted outside for good.