The popularity of baking soda is increasing every single day. Baking soda is a common household product that is sold under many different names. It has many more uses than you would think, thanks to its amazing cleaning properties. Baking soda hair care is nothing new but it is indeed extremely beneficial.
How does It work?
It works because the compound is great for removing acidic impurities, thus giving it’s extensive list of known uses. The slightly abrasive particles and mild alkaline nature make baking soda an effect option for shampooing. Together, these components will break up any dirt collected on the scalp and eliminate any grease accumulated from the secretions of sebaceous glands.
What Will You Need:
- Filtered Water
- An empty container
- Baking Soda
- Measuring Cup
- 1 Funnel
- Mix 1 part baking soda to 3 parts water (leave a small amount of room at the top so that you can shake the mixture to mix).
- Wet your hair thoroughly.
- Shake mixture to mix evenly.
- Pour/squeeze onto scalp.
- Gently massage into your entire scalp
- Let the mixture sit for 1-3 minutes.
- If needed, comb mixture through to the ends of hair.
- Rise thoroughly with warm water.
After you have washed your hair, apply a vinegar rinse.
-Combine 1 part of apple cider vinegar and 4 parts of water.
-To avoid the vinegar smell, add a few drops of lavender, peppermint, and/or rosemary essential oil to the vinegar mixture.
-It may be better if you prepare this rinse ahead of time and keep the squeeze bottle in your bathroom.
-Then, tilt the head back and close your eyes, to avoid the possibility of getting some of the vinegar mixture into your eyes.