What Is Hyperpigmentation?
Hyperpigmentation is a disorder, characterized with dark areas on the skin, and it is caused when melanin is overproduced. It is also characterized by the dark pigment of the skin. The exposure to sunlight, pregnancy, certain diseases, aging or trauma can be the reasons for the disorders of the melanin and create a non-aesthetic brown spots which are characteristic of this benign disorder.
The reasons for melanin disorder can be internal or external. Internal causes are inborn and they are especially common for people with dark skin tone. External causes include exposure to chemicals like progesterone, estrogen, minocycline, betaxolol, and sunlight. Ultraviolet rays bring about stains, spots and freckles which can cause permanent or temporary discoloration.
Hyperpigmentation can also be caused by Surgeries or traumas, but the spots remain even when the condition improves.
Melasma is a hyperpigmentation of the skin that occurs during pregnancy. In many cases, it can affect men as well. Usually, it is called the mask of pregnancy due to the brown spots that appear on the face – mainly the nose and cheeks. Usually, after the pregnancy this disorder goes away by itself and it does not cause any major problems.
NATURAL REMEDY FOR HYPERPIGMENTATION
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder (turmeric)
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juicenstructions:
- Mix well the lemon juice and turmeric powder and apply the mixture on the affected area of the skin.
- Leave it to stay for about 15 minutes or until it gets dry. After 15 minutes, rinse the area with cold water.
- Do not expose your skin to sunlight after this treatment, and the best timing for this procedure is before taking shower.
- Do this one or two times a day, and you will notice the improvement of your skin.
Article Source : www.healthbeckon.com